World Environment Day 2017
Whoa! I just checked (on wiki) – we have a huge list of commemorative days ; some to commemorate, some to celebrate and some to raise awareness. With this growing number of “days” – we seem to be hard pressed for time to act on them. By now, almost everyone’s aware of the importance of protecting our environment – our planet. If not, here’s a read.
One more year , one more time – Let’s join hands and vow to maintain a space for the next generation to grow up in and enjoy the same way we did, if not better with whatever means we have. Not just today, but everyday.
Wouldn’t we want such beautiful places to live on ?
This is my bit to Mother Earth :
- Use less paper
- Kitchen – Use wash towels instead of paper napkins to clean counter tops, dry utensils, hands etc
- Toilet – Install a bidet sprayer to clean yourself
- Home owners can use recycled water for flushing the toilet
- Reduce carbon emissions
- Do not use AC if you can avoid it i.e unless the mercury levels are unbearable
- Do not get your wheels out for something that you can walk to (flex those muscles)
- Eat less meat – Not saying no meat but less meat http://www.onegreenplanet.org/animalsandnature/eat-for-the-planet-meat-and-the-environment/ #EatForThePlanet
- Go Organic whenever possible
- Reduce Water wastage wherever possible
- Grow a Garden – Believe in Tomorrow
- Use pollinator friendly seeds #SaveBees
More importantly – let’s love Mother Nature, one another and oneself. #enmanadhil #AsYouSowSoShallYouReap #WorldEnvironmentDay #GoGreen